Full-Text Search:
Home|Journal Papers|About CNKI|User Service|FAQ|Contact Us|中文
《Geological Review》 1999-03
Add to Favorite Get Latest Update

The Origin of the Jinwozi Gold Deposit in Eastern Xinjiang ——Evidence from Isotope Geochronology

Chen Fuwen(Department of Geology, Peking University, Beijing, 100871)Li Huaqin, Cai Hong and Liu Houqun(Yichang Institute of Geology and Mineral Resources, Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences, Yichang, Hubei, 443003)  
Located on the Xinjiang-Gansu border and geologically in the juncture of the Siberian, Tarim, Kazakhstan and Sino-Korean paleoplates, the Jinwozi gold deposit is an important deposit in eastern Xinjiang. Because about 90% of gold-bearing quartz veins are concentrated in the Jinwozi granodiorite body and the rest 10 % in its neighboring fractured strata, most researchers believe that the gold deposit has genetic relation to the granodioritic intrusion. According to a systematical chronological study of the Jinwozi granodiorite and gold-bearing quartz veins in the granodioritic body and stockworks in the fractured strata, the authors conclude that the gold mineralization of the ore deposit shows no genetic relation to the granodioritic intrusion, but is related to the emplacement of concealed granitic bodies and controlled by tectonic activity, which is supported by the following facts:① the emplacement of the granodioritic body with a zircon U-Pb age of 358. 6 Ma and a Rb-Sr isochron age of 354 Ma occurred much earlier than mineralization (228-230 Ma);② gold-bearing veins can be found both in the granodioritic body and in the fractured strata, and around and several kilometers away from the Jinwozi gold district a group of gold mineralizations occur in the fractured Permian system, as is evidenced by fossils; ③ all the gold-bearing quartz veins or stockworks are in the structural fractured zones; ④ the gold-bearing quartz veins in the Jinwozi granodioritic body and stockworks in fractured strata were formed simultaneously 228-230 Ma ago (fluid-inclusion Rb-Sr isochron age of quartz);⑤ mineralization took place at lower temperatures (186-262℃) and low pressures (20-30 MPa), and ⑥concealed granitic bodies with a high content of gold have been found around the Jinwozi granodioritic body.
【Fund】: 国家305项目(编号96-915-07-05B);; 国家自然科学基金(编号49633250)
【CateGory Index】: P618.51
Download(CAJ format) Download(PDF format)
CAJViewer7.0 supports all the CNKI file formats; AdobeReader only supports the PDF format.
©2006 Tsinghua Tongfang Knowledge Network Technology Co., Ltd.(Beijing)(TTKN) All rights reserved