Full-Text Search:
Home|Journal Papers|About CNKI|User Service|FAQ|Contact Us|中文
《Chinese Journal of Geophysics》 1999-S1
Add to Favorite Get Latest Update

CHARACTERISTICS OF CLOUD-TO-GROUND FLASHES IN THUNDERSTORMS WITH DIFFERENT CHARGE STRUCTURE

LI RONG WANG CAI-WEI LU GUI-WU 1) Department of Applied Physics. University of Petroleum. Dongying 257062. China 2) Lanzhou Institute of Plateau Atmospheric Physics. Chinese Academy of Sciences. Lanzhou 730000, China  
Data analyses show that the characteristics of cloud-to-ground flashes in Gansu area quite differ from those in Hainan island. The electric field change prior to the first return stroke in a negative cloud-to-ground flash in Hainan island is similar to that reported by foreign researchers. We call this kind of flash P-type negative ground flash. Only 30 percent of negative cloud-to-ground flashes in Gansu area are P-type; the other 70 percent, whose pre-first-stroke electric field changes show distinct characteristics of intracloud discharges, are called C-type negative ground lightning. Positive cloud-to-ground flashes were not found in Hainan island, but we have a few cases in Gansu area. There are two typical types of thunderstorms with different charge structure in Gansu and Hainan. From disparity in processes and characteristics of cloud-to-ground flashes in two types of thunderstorms, it is deduced that legal requirements and protection practices against lightning in China probably need to take regional differences of thunderstorms into account.
【Fund】: 国家自然科学基金资助项目(49775254 49235090)
【CateGory Index】: P427.321
Download(CAJ format) Download(PDF format)
CAJViewer7.0 supports all the CNKI file formats; AdobeReader only supports the PDF format.
【Citations】
Chinese Journal Full-text Database 1 Hits
1 ;Two Types of Thunderclouds with Different Charge Structure in China[J];HIGH VOLTAGE ENGINEERING;1998-01
【Co-citations】
Chinese Journal Full-text Database 2 Hits
1 ZHANG Tinglong1,QIE Xiushu2,YUAN Tie3,ZHANG Guangshu1,ZHANG Tong1,and ZHAO Yang11 Laboratory for Climate Environment and Disasters of Western China,Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute,Chinese Academy of Sciences,Lanzhou 7300002 Laboratory for Middle Atmosphere and Global Environment Observation,Institute of Atmospheric Physics,Chinese Academy of Sciences,Beijing 1000293 College of Atmospheric Sciences,Lanzhou University,Lanzhou 730000;The Characteristics of Cloud-to-Ground Lightning Flashes and Charge Structure of a Typical Thunderstorm in Chinese Inland Plateau[J];Chinese Journal of Atmospheric Sciences;2008-05
2 ;Disparity of Charge Structure and Lightning Characteristics in Different Thunderclouds in Gansu Area[J];High Voltage Engineering;2001-02
【Secondary Citations】
Chinese Journal Full-text Database 3 Hits
1 Chen Qian Guo Changming Ye zongxiu (Lanzhou Institute of Plateau Atmospheric Physics, Academia Sinica);A PRELIMINARY STUDY ON THE ELECTRIC FIELD OF THUNDERSTORM[J];Plateau Meteorology;1982-01
2 Wang Caiwei, Chen Qian, Liu Xinsheng, Guo Changming and Ge Zhengmo ( Lanzhou Institute of Plateau Atmospheric Physics, Academia Sinica );THE ELECTRIC FIELD PRODUCED BY THE LOWER POSITIVE CHARGE CENTER OF THUNDERCLOUD[J];Plateau Meteorology;1987-01
3 Ye Zongxiu Shao Xuanmin Liu Xinsheng ( Lanzhou Institute of Plateau Almospheric Physics, Arademia Sintca );ELECTRIC FIELD AND CHARGE DISTRIBUTION MODEL OF THUNDERSTORMS[J];Plateau Meteorology;1987-03
©2006 Tsinghua Tongfang Knowledge Network Technology Co., Ltd.(Beijing)(TTKN) All rights reserved